Advance your tender writing skills
Simplify the tender writing process
The Develop and Write Winning Tender Content Certificate is a comprehensive online course designed to improve your tender writing skills.
Answering a question in a large tender, such as an RFP or RFT, can be overwhelmingly challenging. Deciphering the question, knowing what information to include, and how to outshine the competition are some of the common issues business professionals face.
Many people make the mistake of writing a tender response without directly answering the question, or answering only part of it. They may not understand how to develop a compliant response, or how to write it in such a way to make it easy to read and score.
In the Develop and Write Winning Tender Content Certificate, you will learn a step-by-step approach to address all these requirements.
Develop and Write Winning Tender Content Certificate
Course completed in 4-5 hours
$445 (including GST)
Is this Certificate for me?
This course is designed for those people who are required to answer single or multiple questions as part of a large tender response. These tenders are often RFTs or RFPs, valued over $300,000 and usually of several weeks or months in duration. It is suited to business development and sales personnel, subject matter experts and other business professionals involved in tendering.
Learn through an example tender
In the Develop and Write Winning Tender Content Certificate, you will assist Julie – a Safety Manager for a large national organisation – to respond to a question in an example RFP. You will help Julie to develop content for her question and then write a response using the Tender Training College’s proprietary Content Strategy Framework.
You will obtain a copy of the Content Strategy Framework to help you apply the skills and understanding you gain from this course to future tenders.
Our competency-based training and assessments means you will be tested throughout each module on your knowledge so that learnings are embedded, and you become a more capable and confident member of the tender team going forward.
Six modules to improve your tender writing skills
The Develop and Write Winning Tender Content Certificate covers the development of a content strategy that identifies the critical information you require to answer the question in a compliant way. It helps you to identify what is important to the client so that your tender response provides value for money. It then teaches you how to write this content in a winning response format, using compelling, clear and concise language.
Category 1: Determine client objectives:
- Identify the client’s objectives as they relate to your question
- Understand how the client’s objectives assist you to identify value-added opportunities in your response
Category 2: Determine client requirements
- Identify the compliance requirements from the tender document to address in your response
- Understand why it is important to address these requirements in your response
Category 3: Meet and exceed client requirements
- Learn to develop an approach and response to be compliant with the tender requirements
- Develop evidence of past relevant performance
Category 4: Add value to your approach
- Conduct a competitive and an internal SWOT
- Identify opportunities to add value to your approach and response
Category 5: Answer the question
- Identify component parts of the question and determine what the question is asking
- Apply the evaluation criteria to the question
Category 6: Write a winning response
- Design a response structure and outline
- Write a response using written examples and writing tips.
Frequently Asked Questions
This course is AUD $445, including GST.
This course is normally completed between 4-5 hours. The length of time required to complete the course may vary depending on your skill level, your previous experience and level of computer literacy.
This course is delivered online via the Tender Training College’s e-learning system. You can access this at any time.
Knowledge checks are conducted throughout the course and you will complete a Final Assessment at the end of each module. A certificate will be awarded within 24 hours once you complete the course and gain an 80% pass in each of the Final Assessments.
This course is particularly suited to business development and sales personnel, proposal specialists, subject matter experts and other business professionals who are involved in tendering.
It can be applied across a wide range of industries, including but not limited to:
- Professional services and consulting
- Engineering, manufacturing, maintenance and construction
- Computing, IT and telecom
- Aerospace, security and defence
- Not-for-profit organisations
- Educational institutions.
You will require an Internet connection and speakers to complete the course.
Or if you have any further questions not covered here or want to chat with us, contact our Customer Service Excellence Team.