The Introduction to Tenders and Tendering Certificate will provide you with the knowledge of the tendering basics, and how to
participate as a valuable member of a bid team when completing large, complex tenders.
It is for professionals who are new to tenders, or want a refresh in the tender fundamentals.
This Certificate provides the essential knowledge and practical tips to get started in tendering, and the capabilities to apply this to your next tender.
We introduce you to both sides of tendering:
- The client process for developing, releasing and evaluating a tender, and its primary objective of tendering
- The bidding party’s key steps to develop and submit a winning tender response, and how to be an effective member of the tender team.
What you will learn
Module 1: The Purchasing Side of Tendering
- The purpose of tenders
- The client tendering process
- Factors impacting a client’s decision on whether to issue a tender
- What clients are looking to achieve through tendering
- Approaches to tendering
- Types of tender documents
- Core components of a typical tender document
- How a tender is evaluated.
Module 2: The Supply of Tendering
- The bidding party’s tender process
- The steps to respond to a winning tender
- Key factors to consider when determining whether to bid for a tender
- What is expected of bid team members during the tender
- The key deliverables which comprise a winning bid
- How a winning response is submitted.
Is this course for me?
The Introduction to Tenders and Tendering Certificate is designed for professionals who complete complex tender responses as part of a large tender team, and want to improve their knowledge of the tendering process.
Do you know the difference between an RFP and an EOI? Or how a client scores a tender, or what is expected of you as a member of the tender team? If you don’t know or are unsure about any of these topics, then this course is for you.
This course is suited to business development and sales personnel, proposal specialists, subject matter experts, such as finance, HR, communications and technical specialists, and other business professionals who are involved in tendering.
It can be applied across a wide range of industries, including but not limited to:
- Professional services and consulting
- Engineering, manufacturing, maintenance and construction
- Computing, IT and telecom
- Aerospace, security and defence
- Not-for-profit organisations
- Educational institutions.
How long will it take me to complete?
Typically, it takes between 2-3 hours to complete the two modules. You can complete the Introduction to Tenders and Tendering Certificate at your own pace.
The length of time required to complete the course may vary depending on your skill level, your previous experience and level of computer literacy.
How do I access the course?
Once you buy and enrol in the course, you will receive an email with your log-in details to access to the course.
The Introduction to Tenders and Tendering Certificate is delivered online via the Tender Training College’s e-learning system. You will require an Internet connection and speakers to complete the course.
You can access this at any time, and stop and start the certificate as you like.
Is there an assessment or exam?
Our competency based training and assessments means you will be tested on your knowledge throughout each module. This means the learnings are embedded, and you can apply them to tendering once you complete the course.
You will complete a Final Assessment at the end of each module. A certificate will be awarded at the completion of the course and when you gain an 80% pass in each of the Final Assessments.
Prior learning requirements
There are no prior learning requirements. However, we suggest the Develop and Write Winning Tender Content Certificate as the best follow-on course to Introduction to Tenders and Tendering Certificate. You can purchase these as the Tender Equipped Package and save.